Karachi:The Peoples Resistance and numerous concerned members of the Civil Society in Karachi would like to invite YOU, the people of Pakistan to join them in a peaceful protest to appeal for the release Dr. Afia Siddiqui, who was kidnapped from Karachi in 2003 and has since been detained without charge in a US Military jail in Afghanistan. We appeal for speedy justice and her immediate return to Pakistan along with her three innocent children.
When: Saturday 9th August 2008
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Karachi Press Club
* Bring your family, friends and colleagues for this noble cause,
* Bring placards, flags, posters simply appealing for Justice for Dr. Afia Siddiqui and her children.
* Spread the word far and wide so that more people can participate in this noble and humanitarian effort.
* Use your influence on the media to spread this message of support for Dr. Afia
Lahore:Please participate in the protest by Fastrising for a noble cause.
Where: Lahore Press Club
When: 6 PM, Saturday August 9, 2008
Why: Protest against the kidnapping and illegal detention of Dr. Afia Siddiqui
A comment we received on the issue by a concerned brother :
This is a series of harm done by US Army, in the name of war on terror, on innocent Muslims. Another similar case of complete brutality was the rape of 14 yr old girl in Mahmudiyah, Iraq, were Private Green was found to be the main culprit. What happened later to him, remains a mystery.
No justice was done to that forgotten girl, and nobody, no shameless American media or civil rights leader ever bothered to raise those questions again.
It’s a duty on Muslims of the world to unite on this incident and make a unified demand for justice on Afia Siddiqui. Bring those who are responsible for destroying the life of Afia Siddiqui and her 3 innocent children.
So being a Muslim and brother to sister Afia, I demand the following:
1. Pakistan Army should stop cooperating with (and taking military aid from) any and all military, intelligence and any other security agencies based, sponsored or funded by USA.
2. A trial has already begun in US courts alleging her that she helped terrorists. A counter trial should be initiated by Muslims. Expert and only expert lawyers from around the US, especially Muslims lawyers, should hired for this case and funding can be guaranteed by asking zakat and khairat donations throughout the world, through Muslim websites and Media channels.
3. Purpose of the trial – to expose and bring to justice the persons & departments in US Govt. involved in :
a. Authorizing kidnapping of Afia Siddiqui,
b. People involved in detaining her in Pakistan, Afghanistan and USA and exposing all the locations and places she has been taken to.
c. Inform and find her children – where they were during all this time, what traumas they have faced
d. Persons, who authorized and implemented any kind of torture on her children and who were responsible for detaining them
e. Bring to justice any military official involved in physically torturing Afia Siddiqui while she was kept in US, Pakistani & Afghani custody.
f. Expose all the plastic surgery of Afia Siddiqui, either it was dental facial or any kind of cosmetic treatment or any other kind of treatment performed on Afia Siddiqui between the dates of March 30, 2003 upto her 11th August 2008.
g. Expose the name of the persons involved in master minding and authorizing the plastic surgery for obstruction of justice. Those
3. If Muslims, didn’t stop this growing act of terror against innocent Muslims, the world of aggressors will continue to drag your daughters, wife and sisters in their den, one by one. So you must unite and must ACT NOW!
May Allah give us the wisdom to fight back these aggressors and to expose their true face to our sons & daughters who are so much impressed by these barbaric people.
(Saleh al Qatani)