While the world is busy in watching football, the Zionist-Nazi regime of Israel has launched fresh raids over Gaza and killed dozens of civilians in the process. The so called civilized world is silent on the issue as the so called chosen people of Israel are merely killing the lesser people of Palestine.
Its time we need to realize how Zionist terrorism is destabilizing the whole region through its terrorist activities and terrorizing the whole world. People of the so called civilized who support Israel should stand up and ask their government that why they are supporting a genocide of Palestinians and why they are supporting an apartheid regime of Israel?
Even people in Israel who believe in justice and human rights should stand up against these actions as it will make their lives more difficult. If Israelis want to come out of existential threat then they need to make peace with Palestinians and bombings will not take make their lives easier.
We strongly condemn this terrorism by Israeli forces and Benjamin Netanyahu’s fascist regime.
Israel kills dozens in two days of Gaza raids : Al-Jazeera News
Hundreds of air attacks shake Gaza, leaving 41 dead, as Palestinian fighters fire rockets into Israel.
Tel Aviv – Israeli air raids have killed at least 41 people in the Gaza Strip as its operations inside the Palestinian enclave entered its third day.
Palestinian officials on Wednesday said the Israeli attacks, which number in their hundreds, had also wounded more than 300 people.
Palestinian fighters have continued to fire mortar bombs and rockets into Israel, with some reaching Tel Aviv. No casualties have been reported.
Local media in Gaza said that one of the Israeli attacks targeted the house of a commander in the Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas. Casualties figures are unknown.
by Sailab Mehsud
IT has not gone unnoticed that ever since Operation Zarb-i-Azb was launched, details emerging about the operation are completely one-sided. Few details are appearing from the outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and those trapped in the area. The ISPR has been constantly issuing press releases making various claims, such as killing scores of militants, on a daily basis. But my clandestine trips to Mirali and Miramshah and the ordinary people that I met in Bannu show a different picture.
I met 65-year-old Zahir Shah from Miramshah in Bannu who was with his family in a truck. He had one of the most heart-rending stories to narrate about his difficult journey. “It feels like the Day of Judgment. I may seem alive to you but inside I am dead. No warnings were given about the impending operation. The bomb attacks started suddenly and I had to leave two of my sick children behind. I handed them over to Shawwal Scouts belonging to the Afridi tribe requesting them to bury my children should they die.”
Shah’s version appears to have some basis because some local journalists and I had managed to slip into Dattakhel, a village west of Miramshah in North Waziristan Agency, and were present on June 15 when a curfew was imposed unexpectedly and the operation was launched without a proper announcement. The aman jirga and the tribal maliks had been meeting officials for nearly a month to delay the operation. However, this did not happen.
According to Shah and other IDPs, Miramshah Bazaar, a source of livelihood for many, has been completely destroyed. “Air strikes have killed many civilians including women and children and hardly any terrorists. Ordinary civilians have also been shot at sight,” claimed Shah. Though Shah said this with authority, his claim — like those of the military — cannot be independently verified.
I was in Mirali nearly 20 days ago. There I saw a house reduced to rubble and I could smell decomposing human flesh. A bystander claimed that the house was bombarded at 1:30am in which 24 members of a family were killed. A girl of about seven to eight years of age survived. Noor Behram, a journalist friend, also undertook an arduous 26-hour journey from Miramshah to Bannu with his family when the operation began unannounced. “There was no way to get out. Roads were closed. We walked all the way to the Sadgai checkpoint on the Bannu-Miramshah Road. My wife and children traversed hidden paths; climbed mountainous tracks all day and night to somehow reach the checkpoint, which is a mere 25-minute drive by car from Miramshah. But it took us 26 hours to reach the checkpoint.”
Behram also spoke about the ordeal he and the other IDPs have faced at the hands of security forces during registration. First is the seemingly never-ending wait with thousands of men, women, children, senior citizens and invalids waiting for their turn. Then, everyone goes through a body search, their CNICs are checked, they are cross-questioned and are handed chits which basically say that they are not Taliban and are going to Bannu.
And there are numerous such tales. Mohammad Saiyyid said that air strikes nearly flattened his house. “I was picking bits of rubble when my wife screamed at me and said leave all this, let’s take whatever remains of our essential belongings, grab the children and get out of here. We thought we were the only ones but when I turned to look at my house for the last time I saw a sea of people behind me with their belongings and their families. We went uphill and covered a path of many kilometres. Women in our households observe strict purdah, to see them like this in the open…,” Saiyyid couldn’t speak further.
After hearing everyone’s stories, I cannot help but recall Operation Rah-i-Nijaat launched in 2009 in South Waziristan. At the time, the army claimed that within two months the operation would end. It has been five years and the operation is ongoing. Thousands of Mehsuds were displaced and are now living a difficult life in Tank, Bannu and Dera Ismail Khan with some of them subsisting on leftover rotis. The Taliban are present in South Waziristan where they are engaged in an insurgency against the state.
A Taliban commander Gilamand Mehsud called me up and admitted that their men have been killed and injured but not in the hundreds as claimed by the army. “So far nine men have been killed and five injured,” asserted Mehsud.
However, my sources tell me that four days ago, six bodies were found lying in Mirali Bazaar and by their appearance they seem to be Taliban. So far neither the army nor the Taliban have claimed them.
—As narrated to Maleeha Hamid Siddiqui
Contact: Tina M. Foster, (917) 442-9580, email@example.com
May 13, 2014, New York, NY.
The Law Office of Tina Foster today announced that Dr. Aafia Siddiqui has filed a legal case seeking to overturn her September 23, 2010 conviction by a U.S. federal court. Though Dr. Siddiqui has always maintained her innocence and there was no physical evidence to support the charges against her, Dr. Siddiqui was convicted of attempted murder while she was being interrogated by U.S. personnel at a police station in Ghazni, Afghanistan. In documents filed today under seal in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Dr. Siddiqui argues that her conviction and sentence should be vacated because the prosecution withheld crucial evidence, and that she was denied her constitutional right to counsel.
The case argues that the U.S. government illegally withheld evidence that Dr. Siddiqui and her three small children were abducted from Karachi, Pakistan in 2003 and secretly detained, interrogated and tortured in U.S. and Pakistani custody for five years prior to her arrest in 2008. Among other evidence, exhibits filed with the case include a transcript of an audio recording in which a senior Pakistani police official, Imran Shaukat, admits to his involvement in Dr. Siddiqui’s abduction from Karachi, Pakistan in March 2003. A link to the full audio recording in Urdu/Punjabi is available at the following URL:
Dr. Siddiqui also argues that she was denied her right to counsel because the judge forced her to be represented by attorneys that were not acting in her interest. The attorneys, who were paid $2 million by the Government of Pakistan, were permitted to enter the case and manage Dr. Siddiqui’s defense over her repeated objections. Though Dr. Siddiqui informed her trial attorneys that she had been in detention from 2003-2008, they did not present the information to the judge or jury at trial.
Dr. Siddiqui is currently serving an 86-year prison sentence at a U.S. federal prison at FMC Carswell in Fort Worth, TX. She is unable to speak with the media due to prison restrictions, but is presently represented by attorneys Tina Foster and Robert Boyle, both of whom stand in solidarity with the international community in condemning Dr. Siddiqui’s unfair trial and sentence.
“The evidence presented in today’s lawsuit demonstrates not only that Dr. Siddiqui did not receive a fair trial and was wrongfully convicted, but also sheds a bright light on the violations of Dr. Siddiqui’s fundamental human rights by the governments of the United States and Pakistan,” says Foster. “Despite the grotesque torture and abuse perpetrated against Dr. Siddiqui and her children, she has never advocated violence or revenge,” Foster added, “she wishes nothing more than to return to Pakistan where she can be reunited with her children and live in peace.”
What Boko Haram did is actually Haram (forbidden) in Islam. Shame on BH for kidnapping Nigerian girls.
Some really disturbing news reports have come from Nigeria regarding the alleged kidnappings of 200+ girls from Nigeria. If Boko Haram present themselves as an organization related to Islam then they should know that they have committed a big sin and injustice. They present themselves as so called Islamists or Jihadists but their actions are totally against the spirit of Islam and Jihad (struggle against evil). They have committed one of the worst crimes against humanity by kidnapping girls. May the worst wrath of Allah be on you.
Islam’s principles of justice are above prejudices of all kinds:
“O ye who believe! Be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity, and let not hatred of any people seduce you that ye deal not justly. Deal justly, that is nearer to your duty. Observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Informed of what ye do.” [Al-maeda ,8]
If you believe in Allah then you should know that Allah is the Rab of all human beings not just a particular group of people. As followers of Allah, protecting human rights of others is a duty and not a choice.
I strongly condemn these actions from Boko Haram and pray for the safe recovery of kidnapped girls.
Shame on Israelis who are murdering children in Gaza and also shame on pro-zionist people who support Israeli government
Recent attack on Gaza by Israel is another example of how this global system based on hypocrisy and lies works. According to reports several people have lost their lives including women, old and children. Response from the so called champions of freedom and human rights is as usual just some formal lip service and nothing else. Not only the response lack the required condemnation to Israel but it was in a way supporting to Israel.
According to media reports, the administration of Nobel Peace Prize Winner USA President Barrack Obama (famous for his drones policy) has said that they recognize the right of Israel to defend itself as if the Israeli attack is about defending itself. On the other hand some of the Zionist lobby members in media are only focusing on some rockets fired by Hamas in response to Israeli heavy artillery and aerial bombing on civilian populations.
Its time for freedom and justice loving people of the world to raise their voice and take some practical measures to stop this holocaust and apartheid of Palestinian population by Israeli terrorist forces. It seem Israel, even after forming a so called state, is still sticking to its stern gang roots.
We condemned Israeli racist war against Palestinians and condemned the actions of these 21st century Nazis of Israel.
Israelis need to realize that if they want any kind of acceptance in the region then they have to stop mass murdering people and end this apartheid of Palestinians.
A good message for Israelis by a Jewish MP of UK parliament:
Israeli terrorism continues–> Attack and blockade of humanitarian aid ship SV Estelle en route to Gaza
Israeli has kept its reputation of violating international treaties of human rights and laws regarding international waters. This time it has attacked and blocked another humanitarian aid ship heading for Palestinian territory.
More than 125 countries now accept Palestine as a sovereign state but Israeli aggression against civilians and occupation of Palestinian land is still going on. It seems UN is helpless against Israel as most of the so called big powers and so called civilized governments don’t mind what Israel is doing but in fact support Israel in many of its illegal and barbaric activities.
We condemn Israel for its brutalities against the people of Palestine who accepted them during Ottoman times on their land when whole world and especially Europe was persecuting them.
We salute to the brave and humanity loving people of the SV Estelle ship who came to help the people of Palestine without any prejudice.
Few days ago I shared a news from UN website regarding forced conversion. Here is the other side of the story. Case is in Sind High Court, hopefully there will be a fair decision
by Sarfaraz Memon (Express Tribune)
SUKKUR: Faryal Shah (Rinkle Kumari) appeared before the media on Thursday and made it clear that she had not been kidnapped and had not been forced to convert to Islam and marry Naveed Shah.
Faryal said that she had converted to Islam and had married Naveed Shah of her own free will, and that nobody had pressurised her into this. Reading out the Kalma-e-Tayyaba, Faryal said she was a Muslim girl and therefore had nothing to do with her parents.
Faryal (Rinkle Kumari) and her husband Naveed Shah were produced in front of the Sindh High Court (SHC) Sukker bench on Thursday morning amid tight security.
The couple was escorted by SSP Ghotki Pir Mohammad Shah along with a heavy contingent of police. Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) MNA Mian Abdul Haq of Bharchoondi Sharif, his son Mian Mohammad Aslam and a large number of their followers were also present.
The couple through their lawyer, Achar Gabole, had filed a constitutional petition stating that their lives were under threat from the relatives of the girl, who had been issuing threats of dire consequences.
Answering a question on threats to their lives, she said, “Our lives are under threat from my maternal uncle Raj Kumar”. She once again made it clear that she was a Muslim and wanted to live with her husband Naveed Shah.
Advocate Mohammad Murad Lund, who was representing Faryal’s grandfather Manohar Lal, told The Express Tribune that the single bench comprising of Justice Ahmed Ali Shaikh without recording the statement of the girl had ordered SSP Ghotki to provide protection to the couple and ensure that they are produced before the SHC chief justice in Karachi on March 12.
Advocate Mohammad Murad Lund kept on insisting that, the girl was under pressure due to the presence of a large number of Bharchoondi Sharif followers. He said everything will become “crystal clear” in Karachi, as the girl would be able to record her statement in a tension free atmosphere.
Mian Mohammad Aslam of Bharchoondi Sharif said that everyone had seen that Faryal was neither under pressure and had not said a word against the Pirs. “Rather she gave a statement against her own maternal uncle who is threatening to kill her.”
He said his father, PPP MNA Mian Abdul Haq had also come to the court because the girl’s parents had requested that they wanted to meet their daughter, but they didn’t come to see her.
Aslam said when the couple had come to Dargah Bharchoondi Sharif on February 24, Faryal had spoken to her parents on his instructions and had told them that she had come there to convert to Islam and marry Naveed Shah.
“I personally requested them to come over and meet their daughter to see for themselves that she was not under pressure, but they didn’t’ come,” Mian Aslam said.
He once again said that neither Islam nor the law of the land allowed forced conversion.