Dr. Aafia Case –> Shameful ruling by US court,Aafia speaks with Pakistani Senators.

It is a real shame for US system of justice(if there is any) that they have given a shameful judgement to transfer Dr. Aafia ( another victim of US war against humanity and peace) to “Carsewell Psychiatric Centre” known as “house of horror” for its abusive treatment with the patients specially women.

We demand the world human rights activists specially in USA to help Dr. Aafia in getting justice and freedom.

We strongly condemn the un-just ruling by the US court and demand justice for Aafia and her children.

US court’s psychiatric evaluation of Dr Aafia slated(the newss)
By By our correspondent
KarachiDr Fouzia Siddiqui, sister of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, expressed shock over the ruling of Judge Berman in which he ordered the transfer of Aafia to Carswell Psychiatric Centre in Fort-Worth, Texas for psychiatric evaluation along with a ‘Use of Force Order’.

In a hurriedly called press conference at the Karachi Press Club on Monday, Fouzia said that her sister detained by the US authorities was already diagnosed with ‘Chronic Depressive Psychosis,’ which is understandable under the circumstances in which she has endured horrific mental and physical abuse. “This diagnosis was a beacon of hope for the family as it meant that Aafia will get the required treatment and will eventually be freed or repatriated to Pakistan,” said Fouzia. She added that the transfer of Aafia to this notorious horror centre means even worse abuse and solitary incarceration for an unlimited period without further due process and without further trial.

“There is no justification against Aafia to keep her in prison anymore, this is a new tactic of the US government to keep her in detention under the pretext of psychiatric evaluation, which is commonly used against inmates when government lacks evidence for holding them,” explained Fouzia. “The question arises as why the prosecution is so keen for her psychiatric/ mental evaluation?” She has already been diagnosed by American doctors and was supposed to be followed by requisite treatment, she added. “Is this evaluation just a pretext to affect her memory and bring it in line with something they have concocted about the past five years?”

Fouzia urged for the best treatment and care for Aafia. She also advocated for Aafia’s immediate repatriation in order for her to acquire a sense of security that she has been deprived for so long. It will raise the morale of our nation and strengthen our democratic claims.

She thanked the current Government of Pakistan for all its cooperation in this regard but said that the Siddiqui family needs an official pledge of financial assistance for a legal team of their choice. So that they can start a vigorous defence while the repatriation is in process. “I fear Aafia may not have long to live,” she lamented. Fouzia says that her sister’s salvation lies not in locking her in a psychiatric institute, putting her through dehumanising strip searches, chaining her to beds, floor hooks or walls, rather, she should be reunited with her family.

“It seems that these “intelligence” or “investigative” agencies have been scheming to sculpt a story in the international media to show that she is mentally unfit and whatever she says now can be easily dismissed as the ravings of a lunatic. If they are successful then the horrors that Aafia, her children, and many others have been put through will go un-noticed,” she said.

“The struggle to have Aafia’s true story told and her health improved is the duty of everyone who believes in human dignity,” she said. The torture now is sophisticated, invisible, subliminal and mental. For example, she was shown a glimpse of her brother and then no more. She was given hope to call her family but it was delayed and eventually taken away. This is completely unnecessary, uncivil and out of order. We believe that a competency examination of Aafia should not be undertaken until she is treated for her obviously incapacitating mental illness and healing of gunshot wounds.

The current Pakistan government has assured the family that they have already approached the US authorities officially and expressed the hope that Aafia will be repatriated. Iqbal Haider of Human Rights Commission of Pakistan was also present on the occasion.


Aafia in better health but vague about missing years(daily times)

* Aafia tells Pakistani senators charges against her baseless, has no confidence in her lawyers, US court
* Claims she was tortured, made to sign documents, being forced to admit things

By Khalid Hasan

WASHINGTON: Dr Aafia Siddiqui, now being held in a Texas facility for psychiatric evaluation to determine if she is fit to stand trial, was allowed to meet the four-member Pakistani parliamentary delegation for two hours 45 minutes on Tuesday.

Siddiqui appeared to be in much better health and physical condition than she has been since her arrest, allegedly in Afghanistan, and her removal by US authorities to the United States to face trial for attacking US personnel with an assault weapon, a story whose credibility will be tested in court. The four-member delegation from Pakistan is made up of Senator Mushahid Hussain, Sen SM Zafar, Muhammad Talha Mahmood and Saadia Khaqqan Abbasi. The four lawmakers, accompanied by Faqir Asif Hussain, counsellor at the Pakistan embassy, were able to meet Siddiqui without the presence of a US official. She was also permitted to sit next to them, instead of being separated by a partition, as is normally the case.

Lack of confidence: Siddiqui told her visitors that the assault case against her had no basis in fact. She also expressed her lack of confidence in both the court hearing her case and the two lawyers who are representing her. While thanking the Pakistani government and the embassy in Washington in particular for their concern, she indicated that she should be provided with proper legal representation. Her bullet wound suffered during her alleged scuffle with armed US guards while being questioned after her arrest from a government compound in Ghazni, Afghanistan, she said, had healed. She said she wanted the case against her dropped and she wished to be returned to Pakistan.

Siddiqui was unable to explain to the four Pakistani lawmakers, including one of the country’s leading lawyers, SM Zafar, where exactly she had been for the last five years. Her sense of time and place appeared to be out of sync. She said she was on her way to the Karachi airport in 2003 with her children when she was taken. She remembers being given an injection and when she came to she was in a cell. She said she was being brainwashed by men who spoke perfect English. They could be Afghan or others. She did not think they were Pakistanis. She said she was being forced to admit things she had allegedly done. She was made to sign statements, some of which included information on phone calls she was said to have made. She also stated that she had been tortured but she provided no details. She was told by her captors that if she did not co-operate, her children would suffer. Her account of the five years she had been missing remained incoherent, unsequenced and extremely vague. Her visitors did not press her hard but they returned unsatisfied with what they had been told. She said she did not know where her children were. Her son, allegedly arrested with her in Ghazni, has since been returned to Pakistan. She was vague about her other two children and it was not clear if they had been with her during her captivity.