Aitzaz Ahsan has given a call to observe Black Flag Week in Pakistan. Everyone is requested to show their solidarity for the restoration of the independent Judiciary in Pakistan. You can watch the message (with English subtitles) at:
The Emergency Times: http://pakistanmartiallaw.blogspot.com/
Teeth Maestro: http://www.teeth.com.pk/blog/2008/03/07/aitzaz-ahsans-call-for-black-flag-week/
Here are a couple of things you can do:
1) Record a small video of yourself wearing a black flag, black clothing or even just a black cap and post it on youtube in response to the Aitzaz’s video message. In the video you should talk about why you support the restoration of the judiciary.
To respond to the video: http://www.youtube.com/video_response_upload?v=EOzwt953sTU
If you have trouble uploading the video on youtube please email the clip to email@example.com
2) Take a picture of yourself, your friends and/or your family holding a black flag or wearing black clothes and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are uncomfortable revealing your identity you can have the picture taken from your backside or cover your face before taking the picture. You can also help us by taking pictures of your friends, family members, relatives and others who may not be able to take pictures
3) Take part in the events that observe the Black Flag Day in your cities. You can get information about the major events at: http://blackflagweek.blogspot.com/
If your event is not shown on this blog please email email@example.com with details of the event and it will be updated shortly.
4) Attached is a picture that you should use as your facebook, orkut and myspace picture for till Sunday, March 16, 2008.
5) You can use many variations of a black flag. Suggestions include black armbands, headbands, stickers, caps, headscarfs, etc.
6) Please encourage your friends, family, teachers and everyone else you know to participate in the Black Flag Week. The biggest strength to the campaign would be pictures and videos.
7) Please forward this email to as many people as you know to make this campaign a success. You can also inform them of this campaign through facebook:
(message from emergency mailing list)